So summer is peeping through, and you realise your summer body is quite not ready. Shocker! Let’s blame it on all that comfort food winter has to offer. So what now?
Option one: Gain the “summer will have whatever body I decide to give it” attitude
Option two: Do something about it.
The quickest way to do this is to do a whole 30. This is eating whole for the next 30 days (say the whole of September). Cut off all sugars, processed food, sodas, fast foods etc for the next 30 days and your body will thank you. So how will I survive, you ask? Here is to how:
- Eat your vegetables and grow. Find a way to incorporate all those seasonal greens into your meals
- Drink water and glow. Water is the key to success because not only does it fill you up and help you with your portions, it also is good for the skin. And get this most of the time you think you are hungry, you are thirsty. Try drinking water first and if it persists then maybe you are hungry
- Meal preparation is everything. If you are well-prepared chances of you indulging in unhealthy food is slim, pun intended
- Portion control is necessary. Do not starve yourself, eat until you are full as long as you are eating whole. Know your macros and your micros.
- Fat doesn’t make you fat, sugar does. Sugar addiction is as real as drug addiction. Always remember that fat is not your enemy, starch is. If you don’t believe me dump the starchy foods for 30 days and eat more fat instead, i.e. avocados, bacon, butter, eggs, chicken and pork skins, cream etc. Replace your starch with filling veggies like butternut, pumpkin, squashes etc
- Commit yourself. It’s not going to be a piece of cake (literally), but your body will thank you.